Division for Community Interaction
Role of the Division
The Division functions as the primary centre of the University’s Community Interaction (CI) function and fulfils a supporting, co-ordinating, facilitating, capacity-building and quality assurance and empowering role. The Division itself does not implement community projects, but will initiate partnerships with communities and facilitate and support processes that will strengthen community interaction.
The Division for Community Interaction reports directly to the Vice-Rector (CI & P).
Functions of the Division for Community Interaction
The main staff functions within the Division are:
1. policy development,
2. the management of partnerships,
3. the promotion of service-learning,
4. the maintenance of a CI database,
5. marketing and promotion of CI and
6. the management of the community centre located in the Lückhoff School in Banhoek Road